Locate pages on your site that contain a word or phrase and
optionally put another word or phrase in their place.
This tool should locate content in the common text fields on any
UBCMS website or shared content page, but does not index ALL fields
The tool can be found in the Websites admin console in two
- In the PageTree, click the Search tab (no replace
- In the Page List, click the Tools button and select
Find & Replace.
Start in: Choose your preferred starting point (often
Find: Enter the word or phrase you wish to find.
Replace: Enter the word or phrase you wish to substitute
in its place.
Case sensitive: Select if you want an exact match using
specific uppercase or lowercase letters (e.g. someone's name).
Whole words only: Select if you just wish to find that
word, and not words that include your search query.
Preview: Display a list of files that include your search
- Use this option to find relevant pages without making
- Double-click any of the found pages to open them in a new
- If the word is not found, 'No occurrences found' will be
Replace: If your search was successful, click this button
to actually complete the replacement.
- Click to replace all instances of the original word.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm your changes.
- Please note: If the Replace box was empty, this step
will REMOVE all instances of that word or phrase.