We have customized how pages print from UBCMS websites.
We have added some custom features when someone prints one of
your pages using the built-in browser print function, or
and Print component, which displays icons to 'Share This'
or 'print' the page. (See a live example to the right.)
How is the page reconfigured when it is printed?
- left navigation is hidden in print
- Breadcrumbs are prominent in header to give the reader a sense
of where the page "lives" in the site
- Headlines are large and bold
- Any text in the body of a page that has a link on it will print
with the url next to it.
- Collapsible content prints fully expanded
We intend to further explore this topic and add additional
refinements at a future date.