Display events from the UB Events Calendar on your
Promote your upcoming events on your website with the full
functionality of the main calendar provided when a user clicks
through for more details.
For our online audiences, the master calendar provides a
series of UB-wide parameters, including schools, topics, and
audiences, to help people discover events that are of interest to
For our departments, we can help you to set up custom
feeds that pull your events together based on these categories or
special pre-arranged 'tags' called Feed Keywords.
All UB constituents can contribute events to the master
calendar, while select unit representatives can request access to
approve new submissions, manage existing events or build their own
the component to the page. There is only one tab.
When it first loads, these default messages are displayed:
- 'This Event List component has no ID set for the
- This message clarifies that a calendar ID must be
- 'No events scheduled''
- Because no calendar ID has been provided, no events can be
Title: Assign a suitable heading for your events feed.
External ID: Supply the main calendar feed ID.
"No events" text: Display a custom message when there are
- By default "No events scheduled" will be displayed.
New window: Open links in new window.
- If this is not selected, clicking an event will display the
details in the same browser tab.
Display as: The default setting places a large 'calendar'
icon beside each event.
- Events: With Date Block (default)
- This displays a linked event title, then the date, time and
- Beside the event details is a large colored square containing
the day's date. Past events will be gray, today's events will be
dark blue, and future events will be light blue.
Events: Without Date Block
- This compressed format skips the date block, but displays the
linked event title, then the date, time and location details.
Limit: Set the maximum number of future events to be
(This was the 'Future Number' setting in the old calendar
- By default, feeds are set to fifteen events over the next 180
- Choosing a number larger than the feed size will have no
- Choosing a smaller size will reduce the number of items in the
feed to that number.
NB. Users must click through to the main calendar to use
pagination or other navigation features.
Show feed icon: Display a small RSS icon in the upper
right of the list results.
Feed page: Set the link for the RSS feed icon.
- The RSS feed URL can be found by following the 'See All' link
to the main calendar, then clicking the RSS icon to reveal the
'share this' URL. The share function also allows adjustment of the
feed's date range.
Show "See All" button: Add a way for people to browse all
your events in the master calendar.
"See All" button text: Customize the "See ALL" button
- If left blank, the default 'See All >' will be
"See all" button link: Customize where the "See All" link
- If left blank, will automatically go to this feed in the main
- Usually this should go to the main calendar, but you may wish
to link over to your main events page. (In this case, make sure the
feed on your main events page links to the main calendar!)