Display events from the UB Events Calendar on your
Promote your upcoming events, with the full functionality of the
calendar provided when a user clicks through for more details. We
have set up a series of UB-wide parameters, including schools,
topics, and audiences, and can set up feeds drawing on these
settings or special pre-arranged keywords.
All UB constituents can contribute events, plus select unit
representatives can request access to the master calendar to manage
new submissions or build feeds.
the component to the page. When it first loads, the default
message "No events scheduled" is displayed.
Three tabs will soon be compressed into one main tab:
Module, Event Selection and List Items. An
additional External tab has been temporarily added to hold
the new feed ID.
Title: Assign a suitable heading for your events feed.
"No events" text: Display a custom message when there are
- By default "No events scheduled" will be displayed.
Show feed icon: Display a small RSS icon in the upper
right of the list results.
Feed page: Set the link for the RSS feed icon.
- The RSS feed URL can be found by following the 'See All' link
to the main calendar, then clicking the RSS icon to reveal the
'share this' URL. The share function also allows adjustment of the
feed's date range.
Show "See All" button: Add a way for people to browse all
your events in the master calendar.
"See All" button text: Customize the "See ALL" button
- If left blank, the default 'See All >' will be
"See all" button link: Customize where the "See All" link
- If left blank, will automatically go to this feed in the main
- Usually this should go to the main calendar, but you may wish
to link over to your main events page. (In this case, make sure the
feed on your main events page links to the main calendar!)
Future Number (will be renamed 'Limit'): Set the maximum
number of future events to be displayed.
- By default, feeds are set to fifteen events over the next 180
- Choosing a number larger than the feed size will have no
- Choosing a smaller size will reduce the number of items
in the feed to that number.
NB. Users must click through to the main calendar to use
pagination or other navigation features.
New window: Open links in new window.
- If this is not selected, clicking an event will display the
details in the same browser tab.
Display as: The default setting places a large 'calendar'
icon beside each event.
- Events: With Date Block (default)
- This displays a linked event title, then the date, time and
- Beside the event details is a large colored square containing
the day's date. Past events will be gray, today's events will be
dark blue, and future events will be light blue.
- Events: Without Date Block
- This compressed format skips the date block, but displays the
linked event title, then the date, time and location
External ID: Supply the main calendar feed ID.
Activate External: Check to display the new calendar
events feed. When unchecked, the old calendar events will display
NB. The Activate External setting and old calendar events
will soon be removed.
Site: Select the origin of your events.
- blank (default, draws from the master UB calendar)
- jsmbs (medical school calendar feed)