A quick and easy way to copy content between two pages, without
copying the entire page.
This shortcut relies on the UBCMS built-in copy and paste
functionality. You can transfer one or more components between two
regular web pages, or to a Shared Content page.
To work, the Content Finder must be enabled - confirm that by
checking that the browser location bar shows "/cf#/" in the current
- Build the website or Shared Content page if it doesn’t
already exist. This is your TARGET page.
- Make sure you know its URL in Author; e.g., copy the URL from
the browser location bar or leave the page open in another browser
- In Author, open up the page that contains the content you wish
to copy. This is your SOURCE page.
- Select the content, and right-click + copy the component(s).
- For multiple components, always select from top to bottom.
- Some components do not copy well, such as Dividers, and content
in Column Control containers will have to be copied
- Your copied content is now in a UBCMS buffer (visually
indicated at the very bottom of the Content Finder pane).
- Get the URL for TARGET page and paste that URL in the browser
location bar for the SOURCE page.
- When the TARGET page loads, simply paste in your content
(right-click + paste).
- If you need to get additional content, use the back button in
the browser to return to your SOURCE page.
- Copy the additional content.
- Use the browser forward button to return to the TARGET
- Paste in the additional content.