A page can be both a 'Parent' to one or more 'Child' pages, as
well as a 'Child of a 'Parent' page. Child pages, sometimes called
subpages, are pages that reside in a level below another page,
referred to as the Parent page.
- If you leave the Name field blank, UBCMS will populate a
name which follows best practices for naming documents, based on
your page's title.
- The Name will be in all lowercase characters with hyphens
replacing any spaces. If you prefer to name your file something
else, you may enter it in the Name field.
Read more about naming UBCMS pages
- Select a page layout (see examples below).
- Click Create. Your new page will appear in the List
The URL of a published page will depend on the path in the UBCMS
and any redirects, vanity URLs or other features set up for that
Sites under /content/www/ will begin with
http://www.buffalo.edu. For example, /content/www/ubcares/ will
become http://www.buffalo.edu/ubcares, and /content/www/ubcares/etc
will become http://www.buffalo.edu/ubcares/etc.html, and so on.
Sites at the same level as /content/www/ will have their top
level page prepended to .buffalo.edu. For example, /content/ubmd/
will generally become http://ubmd.buffalo.edu, and
/content/www/ubmd/etc will become http://ubmd.buffalo.edu/etc.html,
and so on.
When you create a page, you can adjust a number of additional
settings, including the following:
- Hide in List and Hide in Navigation help you to
adjust how this new page (and any future children) appear on your
- Tags, to help build bundled lists of shared content
pages, or to channel them precisely where you want them.
- Vanity URLs allow the page to take traffic redirected
from another existing UB URL.
- Scheduling On / Off Time allow you to pre-set a specific
time when the page will go live.
- plus title and description controls that adjust how the page
will be show in lists and carousels.