A quick and easy way to copy content between two pages, without copying the entire page.
This shortcut relies on the UBCMS built-in copy and paste functionality. You can transfer one or more components between two regular web pages, or to a Shared Content page.
To work, the Content Finder must be enabled - confirm that by checking that the browser location bar shows "/cf#/" in the current page's URL.
- Build the website or Shared Content page if it doesn’t already exist. This is your TARGET page.
- Make sure you know its URL in Author; e.g., copy the URL from the browser location bar or leave the page open in another browser tab.
- In Author, open up the page that contains the content you wish to copy. This is your SOURCE page.
- Select the content, and right-click + copy the component(s).
- For multiple components, always select from top to bottom.
- Some components do not copy well, such as Dividers, and content in Column Control containers will have to be copied piecemeal.
- Your copied content is now in a UBCMS buffer (visually indicated at the very bottom of the Content Finder pane).
- Get the URL for TARGET page and paste that URL in the browser location bar for the SOURCE page.
- When the TARGET page loads, simply paste in your content (right-click + paste).
- If you need to get additional content, use the back button in the browser to return to your SOURCE page.
- Copy the additional content.
- Use the browser forward button to return to the TARGET page.
- Paste in the additional content.