You can establish content for re-use on multiple pages within
your unit’s website. This content may have little or no use
outside of your unit.
Unit Shared Content is stored in your own website's Shared
To create a page within Shared Content:
- Open the Websites console.
- In the page tree view, select the Shared Content
- Select your unit's directory within Shared Content.
- In the List View, select New, then New
- Select the type of shared content to add:
- Parent Page For Organization: Functions as a folder to
store and organize your shared content. If you don't have a folder
here already, use this to make one.
- Faces and Voices Template: Use for Faces and Voices or
News Item entries.
- Flexible Shared Content Template: Use for more
customized content. Recommended for specialists.
- Module Container: Use for sidebar content or landing
- News Article Template: Use for news articles.
- Highlight Template: Showcase a title, link, image and
text. Best suited for a sidebar or narrow column.
- Form Template: Use when creating forms.
- Click OK.
Once the page is built, you may then continue to create the page
contents normally (see Creating
and Editing Pages). Note that these pages will not have the
branding or navigational elements you are accustome dtos eeing on
regular Web pages.
As you build your Shared Content pages, please consider
these best practices:
- Consider the end use in the broadest of terms:
- Will this content ONLY be used in one context (e.g. as a
- Be sure to use a format that supports all intended uses.
- Will another site be interested in this information?
- Who 'owns' this content?
- Who will maintain this content?
- How often will this content be audited and refreshed?
- Add this frequency to the Page Properties Stewardship tab.
- When was the content last reviewed?
- Are there any restrictions or precautions in its use?
- Are there any prefered uses for this content?
To use Unit Shared Content on one of your pages, use the Shared
Content Reference Component.