We recommend you watch these self-paced, online training modules
before you come to our instructor-led class, or later, after you
have set up your website so that you have access to UBCMS and
can immediately practice your new skills.
In this two-part course you will learn:
- the various UBCMS roles, such as Viewer, Author, Publisher and
- how to log in to the UBCMS
- how to familiarize yourself with the UBCMS environment
- the basics of creating Web pages in the UBCMS
- the basics of editing and modifying Web pages
This course is intended for:
- staff assigned to load content into the UBCMS
- staff assigned to manage and maintain the website
You’ll benefit by learning:
- the basics of how to use the UBCMS Web interface
- how to leverage available templates within the UBCMS
- the basics of the various components within the UBCMS
After completing this course you will:
- understand the environment and tools within the UBCMS
- know how to create and modify Web pages in the UBCMS
- know how to create and restore versions of Web pages
- be able to add or change links, photos and various types of
titles and body text on Web pages
- know how to activate and deactivate Web pages
Please note - these tutorials were created for an earlier version of our content management system. While the basic concepts remain true, the interface itself looks a little different and some elements have shifted slightly.
Of special note:
· Workflow has not yet been implemented.
· Undo function has been added.
· Login process has changed slightly (more details).
Treat these tutorials as a general overview, and not as an exact road map for using the UBCMS. We encourage you to supplement them with either our instructor-led or self-paced training to get the latest information.