Capture hidden information in your form submissions.
the component to the page between the Start of Form and
End of Form sections of the Form
Container component. It has one tab.
Element Name: Specify the name to be associated with this
field when the data is stored or emailed. Required.
- It may contain only numbers, letters and selected special
characters (the underscore, period, backslash, colon and
- Not visible to the public.
Value: Specify the pre-determined fixed value for this
Use parameters: Select if desired. Developers
- Allows authors to preload this form value from the URL that
loaded the form.
- e.g. If the field name is 'myfield' and the page URL is
'…/form.html?myfield=123' then the default value of the
field when the form is first loaded would be "123."
- This can be useful to solve a variety of things, such as a
contact form that is preloaded with a different 'To' address
depending on which link was first clicked. While the initial
destination would be pre-selected, the visitor could see that
choice and adjust as necessary.