Provide a place on your form for visitors to enter information
such as a name, number, or email.
the component to the page between the Start of Form and
End of Form sections of the Form
Container component. There are four tabs: Title and
Text, Initial Values, Constraints, and
Element Name: Specify the name to be associated with this
field when the data is stored or emailed. Required.
- It may contain only numbers, letters and selected special
characters (the underscore, period, backslash, colon and
- Not visible to the public.
Title: This is the descriptive label your visitor will
see on the page.
Hint: Provide assistance for people completing the
form. Appears in paler italics below the associated field.
Property is multi value: When selected, a small "+" is
added to the field so that the visitor can add multiple separate
Only show value - When this is selected, the field only
displays a preset 'default value' or a value sent to the page
through 'Use parameters'. This information will be displayed to the
page visitor and also collected onc ethe form is submitted, but the
visitor will not be able to change it.
Default value: Stipulate a default value that will be
displayed on the form and used unless the visitor makes a different
Use parameters: Select if desired. Developers
- Allows authors to preload this form value from the URL that
loaded the form.
- e.g. If the field name is 'myfield' and the page URL is
'…/form.html?myfield=123' then the default value of the
field when the form is first loaded would be "123."
- This can be useful to solve a variety of things, such as a
contact form that is preloaded with a different 'To' address
depending on which link was first clicked. While the initial
destination would be pre-selected, the visitor could see that
choice and adjust as necessary.
This tab controls whether completion of this field is required
and what constraints are being enforced (for example, must be a
phone number). May also be used to customize form error
Required: Completion of this field is mandatory before
submission of the form is permitted.
Required Message: Insert a custom message to be displayed
if the submitter neglects to complete this field.
Constraint: choose from the following:
- None (default)
- Date: Validates if the field contains a date.
- yyyy-MM-dd (like 2009-12-21)
- dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm:ss (like 21.12.2009
- dd.MM.yyyy (like 21.12.2009
- Email: Validates if the field contains an email
- Event Basics Constraint: Validates if the field
contains a title and valid date.
- Link spam filter: Disallows basic link spam
(rejects HTML that appears to be embedded links).
- Month (numeric): Requires a month as a number
- Name (no umlauts): Requires letters (some additional
characters are allowed, like a period or hyphen).
- Numeric: Requires numbers.
- UB Email: Requires a valid UB email address
- US Date: Requires a valid date, in US format (i.e. month
day year). Acceptabled formats:
- MM-dd-yyyy'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ (like
- MM-dd-yyyy'T'HH:mm:ss (like
- MM-dd-yyyy (like 12-21-2009)
- MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss (like 12/21/2009
- MM/dd/yyyy (like 12/21/2009)
- Year: Requires a valid year number.
Constraint Message: Insert a custom message to be
displayed if the submitter fails to successfully complete this
field based on the above constraint.
Size: Set the prefered displayed size in columns and
Width: Set a maximum display size in pixels.