Start at: Select how many items you would like to
skip at the beginning of the list (example: '5' will skip the first
four items and begin the list at the fifth item). Left blank, the
default value of '1' will result in the list displaying every item
in your list. This setting can be useful if you wish to feature
several items in one group, perhaps at the top of your news page,
or on your homepage, and NOT have them repeated with the rest of
your list displayed elsewhere on your site.
Limit: Choose a maximum number of entries
- If left blank, the default value is 100; for example, if you
leave it blank, no more than 100 items will be available.
- If you set the Limit value smaller than the Paginate
after value, users will never see the next page
Limit by Date - Limit list to content posted within this
many years; leave blank to see all results.
Mobile limit - Maximum number of items to be displayed on
a small screen device.
- Leave blank to use the same limit as desktop.
- Not compatible with pagination.
Paginate after - This setting turns on paginated returns,
with the maximum number chosen displayed for each page
- If left blank, the page will display all entries in the
- If defined, a button labeled Next will appear at the bottom of
the list on the first page. The subsequent pages will also include
a Previous button until the final page of entries.
Display in Columns - Allows the list to be split into
more than one column.
- Choose between 1 (default), 2, 3 or 4.
- Not compatible with these display styles: Grouped by Date,
Compact, Teasers or Full Content.
Exclude current page - Do not display any entries that
link to the page on which the list is shown (optional).
Enable scheduling - Select to enable shared content
- Scheduling can be used to automatically change the content in a
list over time.
- When scheduling is enabled, only pages whose “Featured
on/off time” (as set in each page’s Page
Properties) will be shown in the list.
- Scheduled lists can be previewed for a given date and time by
right-clicking the list and choosing “Schedule
- Unlike Delayed
Activation or Scheduled
On/Off Time, Featured On/Off Time does not affect the
page’s visibility elsewhere on the site; it is still visible
in navigation or by direct link.
- Pages with “Featured on/off time” set must also be
- Examples of uses for list scheduling:
- Hide an application link after a deadline has passed.
- Switch from one featured image to another in a slideshow each
day (set the start time of one item to the end time of
Host page - Specify on what page of your site you would
like any shared content shown. By default will be the current
Empty message - Choose a suitable message that will
display if the list is currently empty. (In the example shown
above, it will say "Sorry, there is no news today.")